Menu Nav

Sunday, December 29, 2013

I Quit...

That is the point I was at on Monday. All weekend it consisted of me next to the toilet and crying. 4 weeks of consistent puking... handled like a boss. But two weeks of putting on plays, planning parties, teaching, and just life along with being sick was my breaking point. It was poor Mr. Thompson's breaking point too. I kept thinking I would much rather have been in college and be pregnant.  You chose your schedule, you have breaks, and if your too sick just don't go! And it ends. It ends for a glorious three weeks.  The only reason I survived those last two weeks was because of those glorious children. I truly have the best students.  
So we had an appointment on Monday. Before we went in, the Mr. told me to start crying in the office and beg them for nausea medication. He threatened that he would start crying and begging them for medication if I didn't!  Well a few blood tests, heart beats, and tears later I ended up with the most amazing nausea medication in the world that has brought back my sanity. Mr. Thompson describes it as "night and day difference."  
So here we are. About 14 weeks and going strong.  Mr. Thompson's new favorite past time is looking up development facts about our baby
How far along: 14 weeks
Total weight gain: Miraculously I have only gained like 3 pounds - I think... Trent won't let me buy a scale so I checked at my mom's house. I really don't know where I was before but I had a good idea. 
Maternity clothes? Oh yes... So much! Target, ASOS, and Motherhood Maternity are my new favorites
Stretch marks? Nope!
Sleep: Its fine. I wake up once in the night to use the restroom but other than that, it's great! I just need more of it!
Best moment this week: Hearing the heartbeat! My eyes were watering. The Mr. recorded it. He was BEAMING with pride!
Miss Anything? Food. I mainly miss fruit. But even with the nausea pills I still can't eat anything with acid in it. Not even a little!
Movement: I wish!!!
Food Cravings: I crave what I can't eat. Like green and red salsa from Tia Rosas. Aaahhhhh! Or ketchup on my fries?! Or strawberries dipped in my fruit dip! That is what I want!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Meat. Steak, chicken, all of it is disgusting.
Gender predictions: I'm positive it's a girl.
Labor Signs: Nope
Symptoms: Awful nausea and tiredness... The usual. 
Belly Button in or out? Uh? Normal! 
Wedding rings on or off? On!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Alright... This is hard to believe but my mood swings have not been awful at all. Even Trent commented on it. I'm just happy!
Looking forward to: Beating Chad, Kayla, and Trent at our card tournament. I'm a champion people.  And they are going down!

1 comment:

  1. Love this...minus the whole "you beating the pants off us" thing. Don"t get too cozy with that trophy girl! ;)

    ReplyDelete