Menu Nav

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Baby Thompson Coming Soon

WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A BABY! Oh! I am so excited!  I am writing this at 7 weeks along.  We found out on Wednesday October 30th that we are expecting a little gem on June 22, 2014.
 
Let's start from the very beginning.  I really really did not want to have a baby during the middle of a school year.  Two or three weeks with my baby and then going back to work sounded like pure torture.  How in the world could I leave my two week old baby?  So I put a lot of pressure on getting pregnant thought it would be nice to become pregnant at a certain date so I could have the baby during the summer and not have to worry about going back two weeks later to finish the school year. So about two days before I was to start my period, I had a horrible cold.  I wanted to drown myself in medicine so that I could recover before school on Monday.  Yet, I knew that you shouldn't take ibuprofen or other types of medicine so I was hesitant.  I woke up the next morning, Saturday, and begged Trent to come with me to the store to get a test.  He immediately agreed and we headed off.  I bought the test, took it right away, and it said negative.  I was crushed.  Seriously, I cried that entire day.  I called my mom and cried, I cried to Trent, I just cried.   Fast forward two days.  I am over it...sorta.  But I thought, well maybe I just took it too early.  So the day of my period I took another pregnancy test.  It was negative also.  I didn't cry because I was expecting it.  I was just putting myself through torture. Okay ladies, keep count.  We are at two negative tests right now.
 
A week goes by and I still haven't started my period.  So, obviously, I become hopeful again.  Well, we are cruising through Wal-Mart and we just happen to be by the pregnancy tests.  So I convince a very unwilling husband that it is imperative that we buy another package of pregnancy tests because I am so late.  Finally, after mounds of persuasion he agrees. The next day I take the pregnancy test.  I am a little more hopeful than usual considering the circumstances.  However, it was really not meant to be because it again said negative.  I take a sigh, call myself a few unkind words for being so hopeful, and move on.  Well three days after that I still have not started and cannot stand having an unused pregnancy test in my house.  Therefore, I take ANOTHER pregnancy test.  I know. It is embarrassing and pathetic at this point.  And what do you think it said... negative. The total count of pregnancy tests at this point is 4.
 
About a week and a half later, I am starting to feel queasy.  Not nausea, but just a little queasy.  I am also a little tender and I have started going to bed at 7:30 due to exhaustion.  All signs that I thought meant that I was about to get a visit.  But nothing came.  I called my wise mother and asked her what she thought I should do.  I am now three weeks late and completely confused.  She suggested that I call the doctor because she suspected I had a cyst.  She had experienced one before so it wouldn't be impossible for me to have one. Now, I am in full fledged panic mode.  So I call a women's clinic and I ask for the soonest appointment which was about 4 days later.  The longest 4 days of my life.
 
Fast forward through the longest pregnancy story ever to Wednesday. I walk into the doctor's office with Trent. We are immediately taken back into the room.  The nurse pulls me aside and weighs me (hate that part), checks my pulse, blood pressure, and everything else.  After I explained my reason for being here, she asked me if I wanted a pregnancy test done.  I agreed and then sat in a waiting room for about 50 minutes.  Trent and I actually just fell asleep.  When the doctor came in, I repeated my story and said, "The nurse took a pregnancy test, but she never came back in."  He looked surprised and said, "Oh she did? Let me go check."  We waited for about a minute and when he came back in he said, "I love days like these."  And he handed me a POSTIVE pregnancy test.  You think I would have just started screaming for joy - finally a positive pregnancy test.  But instead, I started telling the doctor that this wasn't my pregnancy test.  After going back and forth for a few minutes, he finally convinced me that it was, in fact, my positive pregnancy test.  I just started bawling and Trent started to tear up. His face was priceless.  He just looked at me in the most sweetest, sincere way.  It was definitely a very special moment finding out together.
 
So, the fifth time is the charm apparently.  Five pregnancy tests later and we finally find out that we are pregnant.  Except sometimes I don't really believe I'm pregnant. I almost bought a store pregnancy test to see if it would show up positive. But I figured 5 pregnancy tests is enough for one month ;).  Our next appointment is on  November 13th and we will be able to hear the heartbeat!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. That is super exciting for you guys!! I'm so happy :) At least now the hard wait is over.. ;) kind of.. the next 8 or so months is just as hard waiting for that little one.

    ReplyDelete