If you ever want to feel better about yourself, you can just read these pregnancy stories. Seriously. I have friends who tell me that all they craved their first trimester is salad and carrots. You want to know my diet? Oh here it is: fries, nerd ropes, blow pops, pizza, bread, panda express and everything that I avoided before my pregnancy. Seriously, if the baby wants it - it gets it. I throw up about 2-3 times a day. And if I eat the "wrong" thing - it's more like 5 times a day. But the weird thing is, I feel totally functional. I think I just expected worse case scenario which is crawling into the school throwing up with every step. So, knowing its only 2 or 3 times a day is completely bearable. I just have to eat what it tells me to and then gain a 60 pounds in the process.... yikes :/
But lets focus on the positive - like funny pregnancy stories! So I started getting sick around 6 weeks pregnant. The day the nausea hit big time was the day I was being observed by my principal (obviously this child has great timing). So I prefaced the kids and said, "If I run out the classroom, you automatically pull out a book and silent read until I return." The kids just nodded their heads with wide eyes. Well, I made it through the observation. Woot! Woot! But then lunch came.... and it went all down hill. I had a little boy who had to finish four problems from his previous nights homework during lunch recess. We will call him David. I sat their cringing the corner of my desk.
"Listen David, you can just go to recess," I said in my forgiving teacher voice.
"Oh but Mrs. Thompson, I am almost done! I just have four more. I will finish quickly."
I sighed and started rocking in my chair. I was trying to keep it together but I was going to loose it. I think I lasted 30 seconds.
"David, just go." I stated
"But Mrs. Thompson--,"
"David, I FORGIVE YOU! You have my forgiveness. Now turn in your homework quick and go out side. Your welcome!"
Because you know, he really needed to know he was forgiven and all. He grudgingly turned in his homework {which is crazy - I gave him a "get out of jail free card"} and ran into the teacher's lounge. But here is the problem. There was someone in the bathroom. So most people would - actually, I don't know what most people would do - all I know is that I lost it. There was another teacher in the room with me. She asked me if I was okay and this was my reply, "If that person does not come out of the bathroom in 30 seconds, I am going to throw down some cuss words real quick." Now you have to understand, I don't think I have ever cussed in my life. So you can imagine the poor teacher's face when she heard that. She slowly backed away and sympathized with my desire to use the restroom.
And then a miracle happened. The doors flew open about 10 seconds after I had said my threatening statement. I ran inside and shut the door. Afterwards, I walked out the bathroom and two teachers were staring there... looking at me strangely but not knowing what to say. Finally one asked, "Are you pregnant." Tears. Tears just start coming to my eyes as I ask, "How did you know?"
Oh teaching and being pregnant will be an adventure. But I just CAN NOT wait to tell my students. Seriously. I am dying to tell them. Just three more weeks and I can tell them.
There are common problems caused during pregnancy they must be aware of these these problems and must know some tips how to get rid of these problems in future
There are common problems caused during pregnancy they must be aware of these these problems and must know some tips how to get rid of these problems in future
ReplyDeleteAditya Birla Hospital