Menu Nav

Sunday, October 9, 2011

I Love You More Than Anything in the World

By the title of the blog your probably right... great. All she is going to write about is mushy gushy love stuff and say how much they love each other. And your kinda right. :) But the main portion isn't lovey dovey stuff. Its about me being a klutz. And how I destroy anything within 5 feet from me. And in our apartment, basically everything is 5 feet from me. :) So you can only imagine the damage I do. Let me tell something about Trent. His number one pet peeve is when his electronics get ruined. He takes SUCH good care of all his items. And i mean EVERYTHING. The screen is always clean on his phone and computer. Our T.V. sits nicely on a stand and is kept clean. Our printer is dusted. All of his little electronics are just kept so nicely. Now. Let me tell you about my things. My computer is always on the floor and shoved around and the screen is filthy. I know I have dropped my phone at least 5 times and I have only had this new one for 2 weeks. My ipod can barely turn on (but hey. its kinda old so its not really my fault). I am basically a walking disaster. Honestly, I don't mean to treat my stuff so badly. I'm just clumsy and I drop my phone and ipod. Or I spill some food on my computer by total accident. I know its awful. Well. This is where our story begins.

Alright so all of these next 3 stories have probably happened within this last week (we've only been in this new apartment for a week just so you remember.) So there I was... lying in bed and watching a movie or something while Trent was doing his homework. And I reached over to grab the remote or something and apparently I knocked over a glass of water. I didn't even know I had done it, until Trent looked over there and almost had a heart attack.

"Chelsea! You knocked over that glass of water!"
"Oh?! I did! Welp. Alright! Its just water. No big deal. It will dry!"
"But my stuff is down there?!"
"What stuff?"
"My laptop and phone and ipad?! Did the water fall on it?"
I looked down and sure enough there was water all over his things. I just kinda looked at him with my "Uh-oh" face. And said. "Do you want me to lie or tell you the truth?"
"Chelsea?!"
"Yeeeaahhah.....I'm just going to go clean that up."
So I hurried up and got up and we both got towels and was cleaning his precious electronics. I do want to point out that Trent never yells. He didn't yell at all during our conversation either. It was more of an exasperated tone. Like a "you've got to be kidding me tone?" But never a yell. Anywaaaaayyyssss..... He didn't really say too much while we were cleaning up. I felt so bad! I knew he tried so hard to keep his things nice. After we found out that all his things were okay he sat me on the bed and explained to me how he wants his things to last for a very long time so we don't have to buy a new one. I said I understood and I would try my very best to be less clumsy. He just smiled and said, "But remember. I love you more than anything in the world." :)
Well. To put it shortly. Two days later I had left my water on the nightstand and I while I was picking something off the floor I accidentally bumped my night stand and once again water fell everywhere. Luckily none of Trent's stuff was nearby. He's a smart guy. He knew not to put any of his nice stuff near me :) But he saw that I had knocked over water and kinda panicked and made sure his things were no one near me. Once he realized they were far, far away. He kinda just laughed at me and helped me clean the mess up. But now we have a new rule. No drinks on the night stand.... oh man.
Alright. Now we are on today. There I was trying to be a cute little wife and make my honey a little snack after our fast and before our dinner. And. Like always. There was a cup of water in arms length from me. So I am reaching over to grab some chips to put on a plate from him and BAM! My hand goes into the chips and the bag knock over the water. And once again. Water went everywhere. But this time.... it went all over our printer that we have had for less than two weeks. I would love to end this story in a happy way and tell you that everything was alright and the printer worked. But this is a sad blog. And our new printer did in fact break. There was too much water damage and it broke. I felt AWFUL! Trent seemed to be taking it all pretty well. He didn't seem mad, he just looked at me like... "what am I going to do with you?" Well after we tried everything possible to fix the printer and nothing worked we just kinda sat there in silence. I grabbed him the the hand and he looked at me and I said...
"Remember. You said you loved me more than ANYTHING in the world. This is a time where you're really going to have try hard and remember that." :)
He just started laughing and was like "your right!" And we just moved on with the rest of our Sunday. But all I can say is good thing we got A TON of Target gift cards from our wedding. But now every time I sit down or I do something Trent is looking to make sure that there is nothing breakable by me. :) I told you I'm a walking disaster! But good thing we love each other more than anything in the world!

1 comment: