Menu Nav

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Psych! 6 weeks along....

We had our first doctor's appointment this week November 13, 2013.  I have been waiting for this appointment for a looong time.  I haven't really experienced any symptoms and so I have been extremely nervous about having a miscarriage.  I said a lot of prayers and asked Heavenly Father to make me nauseas.  I know... I can't believe I asked for that either.  But he definitely answered my prayers that week.  So I go in for my first doctors appointment and I am nine weeks along.  I was extremely happy because I figured I would only have symptoms for about 3 more week which is perfect because teaching and being nauseas is, well, awful.  So we go in there and they do that incredibly uncomfortable ultra sound.  But I didn't care.  I just wanted to see a little baby on the screen with a heartbeat.  I seriously was holding my breath.  After a few minutes of it being quiet in the room, I said, "So, is there a baby somewhere up there?"  {I am a little awkward.}  She told me that we were, in fact, looking at the baby right now.  I perked up and asked,  "Where?" about five times in a row {I am slightly impatient}.  Then we saw the most beautiful grain of rice on the screen. It's heart was beating impeccably fast and I just squeezed Trent's hand.  That is OUR baby.  That grain of rice has a heart beat! It's so strong.  For that baby to survive in my stressed out, constantly going at a 100 mph body it must be a beast.
 
Then, the ultrasound tech said, "Hmm.... well, your not as far as we thought you were."  She then proceeded to tell me that I was 6 weeks along.  6 WEEKS.  Can you believe it?  6 more weeks until I finish my first trimester.  6 more weeks of nausea and wanting to start crying every time a student draws me a picture of a flower.  So... 6 weeks down and 6 more to go! Bring it on baby... 

1 comment:

  1. You wanna know the greatest part about the first trimester??? It ENDS! Hang in there, it gets better...or at least different :)

    ReplyDelete