Menu Nav

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

2015 Memories and Hello, 2016

2015 - You left us with some good times.  I said goodbye to a handful of wonderful kids, and welcomed 22 more into my heart. We moved up the ladder and became residential managers.  We went to Utah over the summer and celebrated Porter's first birthday with fireworks and the Journey's concert. We were blessed to find out we were expecting another little baby boy. Trent accepted a job in Arizona and we said goodbye to friends and created new ones.  Overall, we really have been blessed this year.  And I am grateful for that.

But Hello, 2016. I have big plans for you.  A friend of mine that I did pageants with chooses one word each year. That's it.  One word that is going to be the definition of her the following year.  I love that idea.  Trent turned to me the other day and said, "For me, 2016 is going to be the year of health." 
That is huge, folks.

I don't know if you have met my husband, but he can eat anything and everything and never gain a pound.  When we were dating, he had McDonald's multiple times a day.  It's unfair, really.  But he realizes that weight doesn't determine your health.  And I love that about him.  He wants to incorporate more healthy foods into our lives (HALLELUJAH!), exercise more, and get his flem thing checked out (another miracle).  I almost died of happiness. 

Personally, I do want to lose weight.  But lately it has been so much more than that. I can feel my body hating life. I can feel I am groggy, unhealthy, and my body is in a slump.  I guess I could blame it on pregnancy, but I know better. I can't do something as extreme as Whole 30 right now, it just doesn't fit our lifestyle right now, and that's okay.  But in the mornings, I bought some slimfast shakes for breakfast.  I bought greek yogurt and fruit for snacks.  I am making my lunch instead of buying it, and I am watching my portion sizes at every meal.  These are simple, healthy changes that I hope will make a difference.  Once we move to AZ, I am going to get a gym membership that has a daycare. Hopefully.

Health also goes beyond the physical aspect.  Health incorporates mental, emotional, and spiritual health too.  Health. Our word for 2016.
  
 photo Siggy_zpsd77506dc.png

No comments:

Post a Comment