Today Trent has to clear a TON of snow off his truck before we headed to the grocery store. After 30 minutes of working outside, he got into the truck very grumpy. I asked him if he was okay and he responded, "No. I hate the cold." And then muttered under his breath, "I hate this place." I know that might sound a little dramatic. But until your shoveling your car and an entire apartment complex that is covered in 3 feet of snow, it's hard to understand. And Rexburg doesn't take very good care of their roads, so there is snow e.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e -- needless to say, he is missing Arizona and our wonderful not white Christmas.
It is always stressful visiting Arizona. We have a pretty long list of people we want to visit and 6 days to fit everyone in. Three of those days were dedicated to Christmas Eve, Christmas, and my older brother's birthday. So that left little room for everything else. Rita is dealing with a kidney stone and was in SO much pain, poor thing! And my mom ripped her miniscus (???), so she couldn't walk. I felt so bad! So we tried to be of some help to the families and be with them as much as possible.
We got there on the night of the 22nd around 9 p.m. We headed to In-N-Out because we love that place and would live there if we could. The next day, we went Christmas shopping and went to top golf. Trent has a HILARIOUS video of me golfing. Not only do I golf bad, but I look bad while golfing!
The next day Adam and Andrea hosted the fanciest Christmas Eve dinner of all time. Those instagram pictures of her adorable home? It's for real people. And their dinner was pretty incredible. Chicken, prime rib, shrimp and sauce, lettuce wedges with dressing, croutons, and bacon, rolls, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie, smore's cheesecake, asparagus, crackers and cheese, and EVERYTHING was homemade, down to the dressing on the salad! And everything was on beautiful trays with a fantastic place setting. Seriously. It was incredible.
Christmas Day was busy meeting with both sides of families and skyping two missionaries in between! Porter basically had three Christmas and tons of little exchanges so he was over presents by Christmas.
The next day we celebrated my brother's birthday and then the following day we went to the zoo and temple lights with my family and the Merrells. Chad couldn't make it (Trent was bummed), because he is a responsible man with a job! Honestly. I thought the zoo was lame. I think our zoo gives a better experience. And Porter was a little booger because we went from 11:30 - 3:30, so prime nap time. When we put the boys back into their car seats, they were out within 2 minutes.
And that was it! It was over!
Trent kept telling everyone that we would be moving to AZ in May -- and it felt SO weird. I just kept quiet and smiled. Really? Are we actually coming back to AZ?? I guess so.
No comments:
Post a Comment