January is OVER! What? Didn't we just start celebrating this year and we are already one month down. I am not complaining. We have exactly ten weeks until graduation, and four weeks until we find out the exact location of Trent's work, and 14 weeks until baby is here. Everyday I have to try and remind myself to live in the present and be happy with the "now" in life. But it's so hard when there are so many new things right around the corner, and I really want to know how everything is going to play out from here to May. Lots of decisions. Lots of prayers. Lots of changes.
So. To keep us sane over here while the weather sucks, we have been following this girl on Instagram called Busy Toddler. Every day (or close to it), she posts an activity she does with her two babies. One is almost three and one is 18 months. I pick about two or three activities from the week before and plan those activities for the following week. This week, we did pudding paint and cloud dough. Pudding paint basically turned into snack time, with very little painting (only from Mom over here), but cloud dough was a 30 MINUTE hit! Say what?! Have any of us seen Porter play with anything for 30 minutes? Nope.
Pudding paint is just vanilla pudding and food coloring mixed together.
I love that last blurry picture for some reason.
Now, I will introduce you to cloud dough. 4 cups of flour mixed with 1/2 c. of vegetable oil. You can mold the flour into balls, and we got out some little measuring spoons and pushed the dough into them. Now, this lady is smart and has a "tarp" (its a shower curtain) that she always puts her activities and children on top of so that the mess is an easy clean up. However, I naively thought I could contain the child to my little tub. Yeah, right.
There was a bit of eating the flour at first, but that didn't last too long. I mean, it's flour and vegetable oil. He can eat it, but it's pretty gross.
Now, we just need to find more friends (I HATE THAT EVERYONE MOVES EVERY THREE MONTHS), and get some play dates going over here to help with our sanity!
No comments:
Post a Comment