Menu Nav

Sunday, April 3, 2016

A Summary of the Past Few Weeks: Lots of Waiting

I was convinced that the next time I would be writing a post, it would be an announcement of our new location. But alas. March has come and gone, and we still do not know.

Trent flies down to Arizona in two weeks to find us a rental home and lease a new car. So the goal is to have location within two weeks.  Which is completely out of our control. 

Trent graduates on Friday. THIS FRIDAY.  Every time I think about it, I get emotional. So we'll save those feelings for another time. 

Also, Porter is sick again. Little one, all of me absolutely loves all of you. But you have the crappiest immune system. Those doctors at Seasons know us way too well. This time around you have croup, an ear infection, and too much congestion in your chest that makes breathing difficult, They gave you a shot for croup and then we went to Walmart to get your other antibiotics.  At Walmart, you were miserable and clinging to me while crying about your "owie." So I bought you a bowling set and two trains.  Too bad the bowling set was a piece of crap so we returned it. Oh Porter, you are my whole world. And when you are sick, I feel so helpless.  All I can do is snuggle you, feed your popsicles and watch endless amounts of Daniel Tiger.  

Today Daniel Tiger met his baby sister and I had to keep it together.  The thought of you not being my only little terrifies me.  And maybe the fact we are slightly unprepared.  I mean. I'm due in four weeks and we absolutely have nothing, and I mean nothing, out for your little brother. We'll get around to it sometime!

As soon as you got sick, the weather decided to be perfect.  I hate. Hate. HATE. being copped up in this little apartment all day. I feel so bleh by the end of the day. So regardless of you being sick, we took advantage of the 60 degree weather and went outside to throw rocks by the lake.






I love you, Portmaster.

 photo Siggy_zpsd77506dc.png

No comments:

Post a Comment