On Wednesday, I will be officially be 39 weeks. That is also the day I am being induced. Wednesday people. This little guy's birthday will most likely be April 27th, 2016.
I am not a fan of inductions for myself. Others can do as they please, but I feel pretty strongly about letting the baby come at their own time unless there is a reason to intervene. Well, GBS is that reason for me. It's true, we could risk it. Things maybe won't progress as fast this time around. At this hospital, I need the antibiotics for 4 hours. Porter was 4 1/2, but so what? Maybe this labor and delivery will be longer. I have gone back and forth so many times, and I always come back that I would rather be safe than sorry. It's my job to make sure this little guy has all the best medicine and statistics in his favor. So that's what I'll do.
So now my attitude is completely different. I am not even going to try and labor with IV's hooked up to me. Last time I used the birthing ball, tubs, and was hardly ever in the bed. This time, I need be in the bed the entire time during the antibiotics. So bring in the anesthesiologist. Hello, friend.
Also, this pregnancy is 5x harder on my body than the first. I just want to cry every. single. day. The hip pain at night is unbearable. I am awake every hour switching sides and rubbing my hips. I feel like I have been to the gym and did a hundred of those inner thigh machines. I can't sit unless my legs are spread so far apart that it looks weird, seriously. Which obviously I can't do so instead I just wince all day long. I feel like such a mess and today in church I begged Heavenly Father to just let it happen. I couldn't sit and listen to the lessons. I was so uncomfortable. And yes, I am still working Monday and Tuesday. So I will work until the very. last. day.
Every night I thank Heavenly Father for the blessing of these two little boys. I feel so grateful to be able to have them in my life. And I want to have more children... but honestly, our next gap is going to be a little bigger. Porter will probably just be starting Kindergarten when his next sibling is born.
That is, if everything happens as we hope and Heavenly Father doesn't have other plans.
Here is to a smooth Wednesday and a healthy, happy baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment