Porter is at such a fun age. I am loving this 18 months - 2 years stage. We do fun activities all the time and he has become a little parrot. Trent use to say the word "suck" if something unpleasant happened. Well, Porter slipped on the ice while we were walking and said, "Suck!" Trent and I whipped our heads at each other and Trent busted out laughing. I was not so amused. We had a talk that night.
During the sacrament every Sunday, I explain to Porter that we eat the bread/drink the water and then think about Jesus. Then after he takes the sacrament, I sing him a song about Jesus. It use to be "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam", but then he started talking and screams "BEAM" every time. So we are on to more reverent songs. Anyways, Porter was getting very impatient that it was taking so long for it to be his turn. At first, he said, "Wait. Wait. Wait" in his cute little voice. But eventually he started yelling, "COME ON!" at the men passing the sacrament.
Also, he does not get his baby thing. We have taught him multiple times that the baby is in my tummy for MONTHS now. But still, he persistently points to my chest and says BABY! I then point to my stomach and say, "Porter the baby is in my tummy." Nope. Will not believe me.
I love that when he doesn't want to do something {getting his diaper changed, putting away his toys, etc.} he will start to cry and say, "No way! No way! NO WAY!" I seriously don't know where he got that from? I keep thinking, Do I say that to him? No way.
Porter has a seriously love for McDonalds. He always asks for their nuggets and french fries. I wonder where he gets that addiction from? {Trent}. His other obsession is Daniel Tiger. He will not watch any other show. He does like Mickey Mouse, but will only watch it for like 5-15 minutes. Daniel Tiger is the ONLY show he will sit and watch the entire episode. He also asks for the Nae Nae on a daily basis and can sing the song. He says, "Ooo watch me, watch me," and "Nae Nae."
Basically Porter is our entire world. He is busy, energetic, driven, and soon to be the best big brother. Love my little!
No comments:
Post a Comment