Two blog posts in one day? I must have a lot on my mind. I titled the previous post Thoughts and Happenings. But then I realized, it was mostly just happenings. So here are some thoughts:
Do you see this glowing, tan, skinny, beautiful brunette? She is about to make a comeback. Trent and I sat down to map out our new budget once we move, and I was pretty adamant about getting a gym membership, personal trainer, nutritionist, weight loss system SOMETHING!
Of course, that's not necessarily a need. It's more of want. But my birthday is coming up. So bring on my wants and this is at the top of the list.
But then in that same thought, I think to myself, I have to be okay with the right now. I have to be okay that my body is not the same. That it has created two little humans. It has carried the stress of providing for a family. It has been the body of service. And that changes a person sometimes. I think sometimes you have to come to terms with yourself and realize what you can/can't handle. And to be honest, I don't think it is healthy to add one more concern/stress to our hectic lives. Because right now, just making dinner is a victory!
Also, has anyone read the interview with Sister Renlund, the newly called apostle Elder Renlund's wife?
This is the link: http://www.mormonwomen.com/2010/05/12/just-call-me-ruth/
It has been on my heart lately. I have talked a lot about it with Trent. I guess in the end what I have learned the most is personal revelation is necessary. I think that is all I can say about it. After reading her article, it has pushed me more to ask the Lord where should I be and what does he have in store. And to be happy with the plan he has for me instead of trying to create a new one.
I adore that interview. My new favorite quote is from the interview. "Women can do it all but they don't have to do it all at once." It just brings so much peace to my soul to know that are seasons for all things.
ReplyDeleteI adore that interview. My new favorite quote is from the interview. "Women can do it all but they don't have to do it all at once." It just brings so much peace to my soul to know that are seasons for all things.
ReplyDeleteI've been behind in reading so many posts lately but I'm always glad to catch up on yours. You give me such perspective in an honest and real way. Anyway, just wanted to say I look up to you and miss you guys! :) Best of luck in all your future plans :)
ReplyDelete