Menu Nav

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Our {Almost} 14th Month Old

Porter,
 
You are at such a fun age that comes with its own set of challenges.  You know only a few words which makes communication pretty difficult between the two of us. You absolutely LOVE watching videos of yourself all.day.long.  Each time we put the phone down, you throw a huge tantrum.  And, of course, you know I don't handle those well.
 
You also love animals.  Your favorite book right now is Baby's First 100 Animals.  Speaking of books, you are such an avid reader.  We have about 10 baby books and we go through each one twice a day.  You LOVE to read.  I can't help but stop everything I am doing when you come up to me with a book in hand and go, "uhhh uuuuuuhhhhhhhhhh." I can hear that sweet little voice in my head now.  I love those moments we spend reading together.
 
Porter, I have never met a more confident child.  Honestly.  You can walk right up to anyone, go anywhere, and do anything. Just yesterday, you climbed to the top of a 5 step ladder that was about five feet off the floor!  I turned around and there you were sitting at the top.  Kid, your 13 months, slow down!  You are so driven at such a young age.
 
Your Dad is so, so proud of you. He bought you a matching Diamondbacks hat.  And the other day, you both wore the same blue shirt and same hat to match.  Guess who planned that? Dad. You are his little best bud. Sometimes I wish I had that relationship that you two do.  But then when your hurt and you refuse everyone but me, I realize that we have something special to.
 
Portmaster. You can break it down dude. You can whip, nae nae, and bust a move. Today in Elders Quorum, they sang, "Now Let Us Rejoice," and you were whipping and nae-naeing the whole song.   Half of the men in Elders Quorum stopped me and told me how funny of a kid you were today.
 
Oh sweet baby, I wish everyone knew of your dynamic personality.  You are stubborn, sweet, driven, easy-going, intelligent, crazy, hilarious, out going and everything wrapped into one little dude.  I was trying to think of way to describe your personality, but it's everything encompassed into one.  And we love you so much, tantrums and all. But really - if you could cut back on those, we would like you even more! ;)
 







Did I mention you have an addiction to goldfish?
{I do too.}



 

 photo Siggy_zpsd77506dc.png

No comments:

Post a Comment