One thing I absolutely love about Rexburg is that the outdoors is in your backyard. Shooting trips in Arizona consist of a 30-45 min. drive {at least!}, bonfire consist of an hour drive for sure {unless you have a fire pit in your backyard}, and don't even get me started on fishing. But in Rexburg, you can be out in the middle of nowhere in minutes.
That beautiful place is literally 8 minutes from our house. I just can't get over it.
So tonight we finally hung out with some friends. Since the Merrells left like 3 weeks ago we seriously had not hung around anyone. Who else could compare? But we had to burn some old files that were taking up space in the office, so we got together with our new friends/co-workers the Salinas and had an epic bonfire. It consisted of two moves in location, one burning pile of papers in the back of Trent's truck, and one heck of a good time!
Anyways, what kind of Mother would I be if I didn't document Porter's first bonfire?! He had an absolute BLAST crawling in the dirt, having the smoke in his face, and eating tin foil dinners and S'mores. He is an absolute natural. Trent was super proud.

Porter still LOVES his pacifier.
Look at that cute smile!
A little blurry, but so STINKING cute! He was seriously loving it you guys. He hated that I kept trying to stop him to take a picture.
This cracks me up. He seriously looks homeless!
We are a truck family for sure. Every stigma that goes with people who own trucks, we probably fit the description.
Oh, hey. I'm adorable.
Look at that tiny waist and belly button! Porter has his Dad's body type for sure.
It is definitely the start of summer here. Rigby Lake is filling up, bonfires, camping, Karie Annes, perfect weather, farmers market, and the splash pad is opening up! Oh, and did I mention that there are exactly 20 school days left. This is the best season of the year, folks. And knowing that it is our last one here, we plan to take advantage of everything Rexburg has to offer!
No comments:
Post a Comment