I promised myself that when Trent got his calling in the bishopric, that I would NOT complain. I would be like Sister Hinckley or Sister Monson. I would be a supporter and not a complainer.
But seriously. HOW THE FREAKING HECK DID THEY DO THIS?
Sometimes I really questions if this is worth it. I mean, the kid is nine months old. He doesn't notice if we are at church or not? And when we are there, it is absolute chaos the entire time. What did I learn in church today? I don't know? I couldn't hear the speakers. I had a Tyrannosaurus Rex beside me the entire time. My fourth graders lovingly refer to Porter as, "the raptor." I think that sums him up perfectly right now.
But then in the peak of my anger, reason softly whispers, "Be where your suppose to be, when you are suppose to be there." It's a principle that was taught to me at BYU-Idaho. And its a life changing, important one. And I know that despite the difficulties, we are meant to be there.
Also, we went to the park, again. I think that is going to turn into our second home.
Trent and I watched the "Best of Me," together over the weekend. We have this rule in our home that we don't allow media that makes immoral things look okay or has language in it. So... we really shouldn't have watched that movie. And to be honest, I wish we wouldn't have watched that movie. It has the "f-word" in it, which I was not prepared for! I hate that! And it makes cheating on your husband look fine as long as your super unhappy and you do it with the person you "really love." It totally had that "whatever-makes-me-happy-I'm-going-to-do-it" attitude. And I HATE that!
But. It was actually really good for our marriage too. I had felt really disconnected from my husband. Nothing awful or too extreme, I just didn't feel like we were communicating enough. I also didn't feel like we were spending enough time together. Let me rephrase that, I didn't think we were spending enough meaningful time together. We had a really good conversation after the movie about a few things and some tears were shed. Partly because we realized how poorly we were treating each other { of course, unintentionally} but mostly because the movie is pretty dang sad.
I am just thankful that we are both passionate about making marriage work. Because honestly, I am so surprised with how much effort it takes every day to make a successful marriage! Marriage is not for the faint of heart. It is for the person willing to sacrifice some of their own happiness for someone else. But when all is said and done, I am sure it won't seem like that big of a sacrifice at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment