I don't even know what to title this mess of a post.
So I am going to title it the phrase that I have said about a hundred times in my head this week.
Bless This Mess.
Apparently, people still go on field trips in college. And it's super lame.
Trent was gone for four entire days to Utah/Arizona on a field trip for Geology. He left Saturday at 7 a.m. and he will be back today (Tuesday) at around Midnight.
Some crap went down at the apartment complex and things got pretty sketchy around here. I won't go into details, but I will just say I slept with a gun on my right and mace on my left. I also brought Porter's crib into our bedroom because I was TERRIFIED/CERTAIN we were going to die.
I have literally had maybe 6 hours of sleep in the last 48 hours.
And the best part is the person I needed to talk to the most for reassurance and guidance had no cell service and was at the bottom of the Grand Canyon.
I don't care where you are. This is the freaking 21 century?! How is cell service not everywhere?!
But amidst this mess, we were so blessed.
Heavenly Father protected us Sunday and Monday night through His grace. He helped me function how I needed to, and He heard my never ending pleads and prayers for peace and safety.
Also, Porter had to be babysat for 8 HOURS while I worked on Monday/Tuesday. He has only been away from us for 4 hours max - like absolute max.
I completely bawled all the way to work Monday morning and pled to Heavenly Father that He would make up the difference for my absence and weaknesses. Porter had been a terror starting Saturday night went Trent didn't come home. The poor kid sees his Dad more than anyone, and then he was just gone and Porter didn't understand. He just kept saying "Dadadada and Mamamama" over and over again. I told him that Mama would stay here, but Dada would be gone for a few days.
He totally understood.
Kidding.
So when I dropped him off on Monday for 8 hours to a friend, but someone unfamiliar to Porter, I was certain it was going to be disastrous. Which led to me crying on my way to work, which led to a long, pleading prayer in the parking lot, which led to me finding out it was Faculty Picture Day and I was in a sweatshirt, messy bun, and absolutely NO make-up because I had to get me and Porter ready by myself.
But miracles happen people.
1. Porter was an absolute angel for our dear friend. He went to bed easy, followed his schedule, and played happily the entire day.
2. We are ALIVE and no one came back for revenge which is also a very happy miracle.
3. Every year I have been in the front for faculty pictures because I am short. But this year I was in the back! Which meant you couldn't really see my sweatshirt-nomakeup-puffedupfromcrying face!
Also. For the record. A dresser, vanity, queen size bed, and crib do not belong in the same room. But when you are desperate and paranoid, this Mama bear will do whatever it takes to protect her cub.
That is so scary! Whatever it was... I know how it is when the husband is gone though. I never slept well when he worked nights. One morning here we almost had our door broken down by a SWAT team... luckily Brandon WAS here otherwise I would have been in the fetal position on the bed until he got home. But you kind of expect that from Miami and not from Rexburg hahah.
So scary! I hate it when Alex is gone. Which is too often! Your such a good mom chels--don't beat yourself up about how much you're gone from Porter! He won't even remember it--and mamas need a break from little ones sometimes!
That is so scary! Whatever it was... I know how it is when the husband is gone though. I never slept well when he worked nights.
ReplyDeleteOne morning here we almost had our door broken down by a SWAT team... luckily Brandon WAS here otherwise I would have been in the fetal position on the bed until he got home. But you kind of expect that from Miami and not from Rexburg hahah.
So scary! I hate it when Alex is gone. Which is too often! Your such a good mom chels--don't beat yourself up about how much you're gone from Porter! He won't even remember it--and mamas need a break from little ones sometimes!
ReplyDelete