"As you create a home, don't get distracted with a lot of things that have no meaning for you or your family. Don't dwell on your failures, but think of your successes, Have joy in your home. Have joy in your children. Have joy in your husband. Be grateful for the journey."
- Marjorie Pay Hinckley.
I need this somewhere that I can see every day.
I have always had an issue with wanting nice things. But it is at an all time peak right now. I am getting so antsy in our apartment. I want our couches cleaned professionally, an entertainment center, new wall art, a new bedspread, a headboard, a new dresser, (our DIY project FAILED for that dresser. So now, I just want a new one.) all new kitchen ware (plates, bowls, baking sheets, pans, etc.), an over the toilet storage space, and a new crib set for Porter's room. And I want it all NOW.
And then Trent says, "Okay, let's buy it." Like yesterday when we went to DownEast Home to buy an entertainment center for my Mother's Day gift. But when it comes down to it, I can't. Because I have a serious problem with not being able to spend money. I can spend $20 all day long. But if it is over that amount, I can't do it. I can't justify it. I would rather save it for a rainy day, like schooling (which graduation is in EXACTLY 11 months).
The other part of that quote I love is the joy part. That has been missing from the Thompson home these past few weeks. It is all work and no play around here. I keep telling myself that it will get better once we are on summer break, or once Trent is done with school, or once I stop working. But let's face the facts, people. You create your own happiness. And life is not meant to be tolerated, it is meant to be lived.
Welp, at least I know the topic study for my scripture journal this week.
I'm at that point too right now. But with clothes! I feel this weird pressure and rush to need a whole new wardrobe, and it's making me stressed and unhappy. loved the quote.
I'm at that point too right now. But with clothes! I feel this weird pressure and rush to need a whole new wardrobe, and it's making me stressed and unhappy. loved the quote.
ReplyDelete