Menu Nav

Thursday, February 20, 2014

School Stories and Bump Pictures

Apparently, my students think I am some slave driver. Let me explain.  After lunch, all of fourth grade (okay, there are only three teachers) do rotations.  I teach music to each class for 30 minutes and the other teachers will teach Science and Social Studies.  My student approaches my desk while the other students are studying Beethoven and Mozart. I look up and there is blood dripping all over her hand and mouth.  Proudly, she exclaims, "Mrs. Thompson! I just pulled out my tooth!"  I am half in horror and half chuckling because of course pulling out your tooth is the perfect thing to do during music.  As blood drips everywhere I say, "Wow! That's awesome! But what are you doing standing in front of me?! Where do you think you should be?!"  I am wanting her to run off to the bathroom and wipe the blood off everywhere... of course.  She looks at me and I can tell she is really thinking about my question {which I thought was obvious}.  Finally, with a half smile filled with blood she replies, "You're right.  I need to get back to work." She immediately turned around.  I seriously thought she was joking.  But nope!.  I watched her walk back to her desk and start studying Mozart while blood dripped on her paper.  My teacher's assistant just looked at me and started laughing when she saw my face.  She ran over and got her from her desk.  Then, walked her to the bathroom and helped her clean up. Oh my.

I swear they love me. I get dozens of hugs, hundreds of high fives, and a thousand of smiles and adorable laughs each day.  But something that I LOVE about my class is they know there is a time to work and a time to play.  They are awesome at bouncing back and forth between the two atmospheres. Goodness, I love them.




You know what I also love.  This little boy.  One of my best friend's sister, Brea Guttery, was in town.  Her photography is seriously amazing.  So although I am only like 21 weeks I had to have her take pictures! I just wore a tight dress, wrapped a belt, and pushed out my belly!









1 comment:

  1. Ahh haha I love that story about the girl's tooth! That is too funny! And the pictures are adorable :) Beautiful parents.

    ReplyDelete