My brother and Brooks. Uncle Brett is definitely loved!
Touching starfish.
Just drinking our Slurpee....
WITH SHARKS!
After that we headed back on the road. We only didn't get much further (remember all those stops), and eventually cut our losses and stopped at a hotel about 8:30/9:00 at night. We had driven ALL day, but had only conquered five hours of our actual drive time. We still had 9 hours to go the next day before we hit Queen Creek. I was done. I was selling Trent's trunk and hopping on the next plane. I was angry. I was grumpy. And so was Porter and Brooks. It was not our brightest moment.
The next day, through Heaven's mercy, was a lot better stopping and driving wise. We started driving around 9:30 in the morning and arrived at Flagstaff between 3 & 4. I suggested we let Porter play at a park because he had been sitting in his car seat for so long. I found a public park and led the way. Well, the public park was surrounded by apartment buildings and on a very tiny road with cars lined up on both sides. So of course, there was not parking for a 27 foot U-haul truck, so Trent left to find parking elsewhere while I fed Brooks in the car and Porter played with Grandma in the park. A few minutes later, I got a phone call from a distraught and defeated husband. He had hit an overhead structure while trying to park the U-haul, and it had put a hole through the top of the truck. You guys, he was so mad at himself. So mad. I felt so bad.
So obviously, after we made a few phone calls, we left that area pretty quickly and headed back on the road. We drove the rest of the way and made it to Queen Creek between 9-10.
I was over this whole moving thing.
The next day was full of expensive adventures. We leased a new car, bought some chairs for our dining room table, you know, big kid stuff.
We also had a SUPER fun Memorial Day BBQ with family and friends.
I'll talk about our drive into Imperial and me seeing our new home for the first time.
That is an entire post itself.

No comments:
Post a Comment