But with the previous two posts being on the intense side, I wanted to share that the Thompsons are, in fact, happy!
Trent looooves his job. Every day he comes home and talks about how lucky he is. He arrives at work around 6:30 AM, and comes home between 4-5 PM. I am very grateful that he is there earlier instead of later. That way, he can be gone while the kids are sleeping and home for a good amount of the evening before bedtime. But in order to keep up our energy, everyone's bedtime is 8:30 PM around here. So that's a little different.
Want to know what brings me happiness? Schedules. So when I saw these schedule cards, I became giddy inside! We have only been doing them for a week, and I am totally in love. Before, the T.V. was on quite a bit in our house. I blame it on trying to unpack. But I knew it could become a habit if we didn't take control of our day. I bought these schedule cards and used Paint to write the words on them. The day goes by so. much. smoother. with these cards. When Porter asks for T.V., we go to the schedule and talk about how T.V. time is after clean-up and before dinner. Works like a charm.
Excuse the poor photo quality! They are magneted (just made that word up) to the fridge. Each night before I go to bed, I switch the schedule as needed. The next day, as we accomplish our schedule we move the cards to the top of the fridge. Of course, there is down time in between. And during that down time, Porter does whatever he wants. Play with his toys, jump on the couch, go outside, you know. By the way, I have learned Porter's second favorite chore is laundry (first is dishes), but that little boy hates the vacuum! He starts bawling when I try to get him to help me!
And there is a splash park five minutes from our house!! Another thing that brings me happiness!
No comments:
Post a Comment