Menu Nav

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Okay. Get Out.

Alright. This one probably isn't going in our blog book. 
I know. I am EXACTLY 38 weeks pregnant.  Technically, you still have two-four weeks of growth to go.  But little babe. 
GET OUT.

We had a doctor's appointment today.  On Thursday, (two days prior) I had some moderate but inconsistent contractions all day.  They would come for a few hours and then dissipate.  Then they would come back to tease me some more.  I knew it was false labor.  I just knew.  But I also knew it meant progress.  And that gave me hope. 
 
Now, when I became pregnant, I turned into an avid baby birth story blog reader. I have probably read over 100 birth stories. It is truly sickening.  I just wanted to know what to expect.  I wanted to know my options, choices, and to learn from others experiences.  So I had read a few stories about women being in false labor for days.  Or who had been feeling contractions, but weren't dilating.  So I convinced myself that this was my fate. 

But it wasn't!

So. I went in Saturday at 9:00 a.m.  And here are the facts:
  • I am dilated to a 2.7?? (weird number right?) - really close to a 3 (I am not joking, that's what he said).
  • He was surprised by how thin my cervix was.  His exact words, "Wow! Your cervix is really thinned out?  Is this your first child?  Yup.  First one.
  • I am measuring at 39 weeks.  This entire time I have been right on the mark, but this past week he grew a full two weeks worth. And boy, have I felt it.
  • It's a big baby.  He felt around and said, "Oh. This is a solid 8 lb. baby."  If I seriously go until 40 weeks, I will be following in my mom's footsteps with a 10 lb. baby. No, thank you.
  • He wiped my membranes.  He didn't even really ask if I wanted it done (which I obviously do!) He just did it.  Afterwards he said, "Oh and I wiped your membranes a bit." Thank you, Doc!
I left that office on top of my pregnancy world.  I thought for sure it was going to baby time, any time.  And guess what peeps.  Three miles of walking, peppermint oil, birth ball bouncing, wiped membranes, and NOTHING. That's what I get... nothing! Hardly any surges/contractions (mainly when I am walking), and a small amount of back cramps.  That's it.
Porter, I will do anything if you come out.  Please. Please. Please. Please. Please. Our goal little guy is my this Friday, you will be in my arms.  Work with me, son! 
  
 photo Siggy_zpsd77506dc.png

No comments:

Post a Comment