Menu Nav

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Brooks's Blessing

Oh Brooks. Sometimes being the second child is unfair. Like when you're receiving your baby blessing and your older brother has a ball {which I don't even know where it came from}, and is throwing it around while you are being blessed. Then, you're aggravated mother can't write your blessing down. 

But. I kinda let him throw that ball around for awhile because I was intently listening to one of the most beautiful blessings I have ever heard.

You are special one, Brooks.

Your Dad talked about your mission, marrying a sweet girl in the temple, and all of the ordinances you would receive one day. But he also mentioned something I have felt in my heart for awhile.  He mentioned how special you are.  You are a light, a bright one, in this awful sin infested world.  You are a leader of righteousness. 

In my eyes, you will be a hero. I see so much greatness when I look into your eyes. Your smile can make every worry disappear. And when you coo and try to talk to me, you make me feel so special. And you're only 2 months old!  

He told you to look at the men in the circle.  It was full of grandparents, great grandparents, uncles, cousins, etc.  Every man there meant something special to me or your father. You have such good men surrounding you Brooks. When I said the opening prayer, I started to cry.  Something I did not think would happen. But having everyone there in that intimate setting, your Nana Duke's home, was something special. The love that filled that room was too much.  And I would not be surprised if we had angels there too. Watching such a strong, valiant baby boy being blessed. 

Your Dad talked about the two special names you have been given. Duke & Thompson. He said both of those names mean something special. And he is right. Use those names with honor.

Brooks. We love you. Even Porter is just crazy about you.  You are the first person he says Good Morning too, and he is constantly trying to wake you up during the day to play with him.

You are going to do great things, Brooks.


We served homemade Belgian waffles and homemade syrup to all the guests with a fruit and granola trifle. It was all delicious!

My cousin Kerstyn holding you. And you sucking your thumb just like your Mama.

Kerstyn and your Great Grandmother Duke

Your Dad's cousin Savannah and her husband Josh.

The Merrells. You and Matix are 9 days apart and Liam and Porter are 6 months apart! It's so fun!





Porter and Liam with Olaf.

Probably my all time favorite picture.


In 20 years, we are going to make them redo this pictures!



The Duke side! Brett and Tiah were at a wedding in Washington and Uncle Dallin is still on his mission.

Pictures with so many people can be difficult! The Thompson side.


 photo Siggy_zpsd77506dc.png

No comments:

Post a Comment