Is it sad I wasn't even going to do a newborn photo shoot??
There are two types of people who I feel get taken advantage of the most:
- Cosmetologist
- Photographers
People want their hair dyed, cut, and magazine perfect. But they don't want to spend the $$ to get it done. Understandable. I am one of them.
Same thing with photography: Most people want those beautifully, naturally photo shopped (I seriously LOVE photo shop), magazine ready photos -- but not the price that goes with it.
The problem is when we enlist our "friends" to give us a discount and in some ways abuse their services.
Guilty. Can I bow my head in shame and admit I have been that "friend." Which really is no friend at all! Shout out to Samantha who did pictures for me for Mrs. Rexburg, took pictures of my family and I when I graduated, and photos of Porter in the hospital (which have been turned into a HUGE book), and countless other occasions. And shout out to all the other photographers (for events like my wedding, family pictures, etc.), who I know charged us a lower amount due to the fact we were low income college students or maybe because they wanted to give their friends a discount. Regardless, I always feel bad about it. I have some serious favors to return. Free preschool, anyone??
So where is this going?? Some things you can't put a price tag on. Some things are priceless. And photographers capture those moments. I have learned to really appreciate that special skill. Which is easy to appreciate when you can't even take a good picture on your iPhone because your so impaired in photography. Trent always teases me that I need to go get my photography merit badge.
Anyways, we have like 10 pictures of Brooks from the hospital and that's it. All from the iPhone of course. I couldn't bare swallow the fact that Porter has a huge novel about his newborn days and Brooks would have nothing! So. I am so glad that I contacted a photographer (a week after Brooks was born...) and that she was able to schedule me in. This very first picture Trent and I looked at each other and said, "Yup, that's our Brooks."
And I just don't ever want to forget.
Look at those little ears that stick out at the top. Brooks. You're just adorable.
Seriously. One of my absolute FAVORITE pictures. I love when these crazy moments are captured. Porter is like, "What kinda pose is this?" It was so unnatural for him. I wish you guys could have seen us trying to get this pose right. Hilarious!
I am hoping to do family pictures this summer. I don't know who is worse with pictures, Trent or Porter. Love you, babe!
And
Those two boys are all the heart eyes!! Seriously so cute!
ReplyDelete