Menu Nav

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Adjusting

I think postpartum recovery is the worst part of the whole childbirth process.  And it's the one least talked about.  Even those scary birth stories have NOTHING on what happens as your body recovers.  Well, that's my opinion.  When other people have great labor, I am always genuinely happy for them.  But when someone has a great recovery and bounces back super quick, I am always slightly resentful.  I am grateful though that this recovery has been a lot better than Porter. But those contractions after delivery. Like the ones that happen for the next week after they are born.  
KILL ME NOW!

I would rather save my epidural for those moments. Those were incredibly long and painful. And breastfeeding during those times - excruciating. I remember having a few with Porter.  But with Brooks -- ugh, Uuuugggghhhh! I shed the most tears during the first week of postpartum than my entire pregnancy and labor combined. 
It's the absolute worst.

But. I really have nothing to complain about.  Especially because Trent and I are both home together for the next five weeks.  On the scale of blessings, I would give that a 10. I'm going to go ahead and assume this will never happen again.  So we are soaking it up.  Trent has been busting out woodworking projects.  Which is funny, because our apartment is still only 600 sq. ft.  So... we really have no room to build all these projects.  After our dining table, Trent has built a learning tower, a book box for the boys' playroom, and he is in the middle of taking Porter's old crib and turning it into a toddler bed. 

Make do or do without, right?


There is the learning tower put into action.  Porter is always wanting to see/do whatever we are doing in the kitchen.  This way, he can "help" with dishes, make dinner with me, and is completely safe.  The tower also folds up for easy storage. Thanks, Trent!

We are also starting to pack! We have a moving date, May 28th!  Wish us luck as we travel 20 hours with a newborn and an actively hyper toddler.  We are packing something small each day, which is hard because we really do use everything we have. We don't have any room for unnecessary items. Also, how the heck do you pack with kids?? 





Oh, that's right.  You stick them in a cardboard box.  15 minutes of heaven.

Speaking of Portmaster, he is doing well with Brooks.  He is super sweet and nice to him.

However, he is a little less patient with Trent and I.  I think he is taking out his frustration of change on us.  He has also tripled his energy level. So our house is destroyed, our couches are disgusting, and we better have perfect weather every day until we leave.

Overall, we are adjusting well. We are just soaking up the time we have now together.

 photo Siggy_zpsd77506dc.png

No comments:

Post a Comment