Well. This week was awful. I had work, parent teacher conferences all week after work, and was super sick on top of all of it. Needless to say, my students had a very, very grumpy teacher. Poor kids.
I also officially signed my resignation letter for next year. I cried while I was filling it out. There are so many emotions that come with leaving that job. I'll save that for another day.
Time feels so incredibly slow right now. This week felt like two wrapped into one. So throughout the day I have been trying to remember the little things that I love about now.
- Porter has had a word explosion! He can repeat anything we say and is putting two words together better than ever.
- Trent being home, like all the time. Trent has a lot of time on his hands. And he is going crazy. The problem is when you are watching babies, you can't really go build something or work on other projects. Porter is a full-time gig. But it is SO nice having him home and his schedule so flexible. My parent teacher conference schedule was CRAZY, and that was okay because he could be here whenever.
- Lots of family time. Because Trent has a more relaxed schedule, when I get home at 3:30, we have time to be together in the afternoons. Maybe not every day, but definitely more than before.
- All the blessings. Trent didn't go to the BYU Career Fair for a few reasons, and I was seriously doubting his decision. But the day of the career fair, Trent heard he might have an interview with a friend's company. That was a HUGE blessing, and we are excited about it!
- It's getting warmer!!! It was 40 degrees yesterday and the heater was off in my classroom and I was still sweating! We didn't even wear sweaters yesterday, just long sleeve shirts. And everything was melting and there were huge water puddles everywhere. This was the most snow I have experienced in Rexburg. It's been awful. So please bring on the warm temperatures!
Alright. That's all I got. Tomorrow an apostle is coming to speak to us. I believe it is Elder Rasband. It will be a treat to have him with us on Valentines Day. Tonight is a Valentines' Day Dance for our stake. Porter will go to nursery while Trent and I enjoy a dinner and dancing. I had planned to buy Trent 12 presents and have him open them up each hour of the day, but we had a lot of unexpected expenses this month. Yeah. That really sucked for us and our savings account. So we are keeping it simple this year. I bought us a card game and Trent got me chocolate covered strawberries. In perspective, it is absolutely perfect for us. That's our entire relationship -- food and card games.
I don't know how i missed this post but i love it!!! I'm so excited to see Porter next, he's going to have a whole new set of words to share with us, he's growing and learning so fast! I think a seperate post about leaving the classroom is a great idea, I can't imagine the transition but I'm sure it will be full of stretching, changes and growth for you, I'm so excited for ya!
I don't know how i missed this post but i love it!!! I'm so excited to see Porter next, he's going to have a whole new set of words to share with us, he's growing and learning so fast! I think a seperate post about leaving the classroom is a great idea, I can't imagine the transition but I'm sure it will be full of stretching, changes and growth for you, I'm so excited for ya!
ReplyDelete