Menu Nav

Friday, October 2, 2015

The Announcement.

Really. I shouldn't be posting this on ANY social media sites. It's still a little early. Buuuuut....
 
But, I was looking on how many people have seen my pasts posts, and its between 8-10.  I can probably name 5 of those 10 people, so the other five - you get an early sneak peak.
 
Baby Thompson #2 is coming! 
 
The Reveal:
 
About three-four weeks ago, I was due for a visit.  I knew the likeliness of me being pregnant was slim.  I mean, that month was our first go, we didn't track, or do anything special.  But. I couldn't stand the suspense {a definite personality flaw that drives Trent nuts}, so I bought and $0.88 test at Walmart, and tried it out.  Nothing.  I went back to the box and read the directions (you probably should do that before you take the test), and realized I had read the results wrong. So I went back to the test, dug it out of the trash, and there was a faint line.  But there was a line.
 
I couldn't contain myself.  But I so badly wanted to reveal it to Trent in a cute way. He was seriously  going to be SHOCKED.  So - I stole an idea from Kayla she had shared with me like 2 years ago.
 
We went to Fat Cats, (it's a move theatre, arcade, and bowling spot in town).  Trent, Porter, and I played arcade games, won tickets and prizes, and had a really great time.  Towards the end, I told Trent I really, really wanted to do the photo booth they had there.  He grudgingly agreed, and while the countdown was happening to take the pictures, I whipped out a pregnancy test and caught his reaction on camera!  Cute, right? Except we are the Thompsons. So nothing ever happens picture perfect.  So Porter is screaming the entire time, and you can't really see mine and Trent's face, and the pictures are SO blurry. Whatever, it's real life.
*Note to self: Next time, don't include Porter in the reveal.
 
The Ultrasound:
 
Two Thursdays ago, I started throwing up.  I knew it was going to happen, but a girl can wish.
I wasn't going to set up an appointment with the Dr. until 12 weeks, but I needed Zofran, and I needed it now. So at 7/8 weeks we scheduled the appointment and did the ultrasound.
 
Honestly, they couldn't really find much.  It was pretty heart wrenching.  She could sometimes find a heartbeat, and she showed me the sac(?), and there was a baby she tried to measure, but it was all to small.   She thinks the same thing that happened with Porter is happening this time.
 
Remember? With Porter, I went in at 9 weeks to do the ultrasound, and I was really 6 weeks along.  Well, this time we thought I was suppose to be eight weeks along.  But when she measured the grain of rice, six weeks and two days came up on the screen.  Then she said, "I wouldn't trust that measurement because you are just too early to tell."  Then I had to ask her the hard question, "Do you think it is so small because I might be having a miscarriage."  My heart breaks just thinking about it.  I told her to be honest with me. I didn't want it sugar coated.
 
She then said that she would be very, very surprised if I had a miscarriage.  The sac looked completely healthy and I could find a heartbeat and baby, the heartbeat is just too small to hear and the baby too small to measure. After we talked, I felt at peace.  I asked Trent his thoughts and he said he felt good about the situation.  That doesn't mean it won't happen, but we can't live in fear of the future.  We have to live with faith in the present. {Totally easier written than actually done.}
 
Symptoms:
 
I'm crazy nauseous, I'm emotional, I'm exhausted, and I am determined to have a better attitude with this pregnancy. Let's face it, the reason why Trent was so hesitant for a second child was because of my constant complaining during my first pregnancy. I think because I am so nervous our little one being okay, I am actually slightly grateful for these symptoms. 

UPDATE:

I didn't post this. I am glad I wrote this post two weeks ago when it was fresh in my mind.  But I couldn't bring myself to post this until my last ultrasound.  We went in this last Tuesday on September 29th.  We were able to see a beautiful babe on the screen with a heartbeat! Apparently, everything looked great and healthy and we are very grateful.  The heartbeat was at 178, which I thought was a little high but the doctor reassured me that it was normal.  I am at 9 1/2 weeks.  I will be 10 weeks on Wednesday. And the arrival of #2 is expected on May 4, 2015. 

I won't be posting it on social media until  the end of the month before Halloween.  I have to tell my students first before social media, and I want to wait until I am in my second trimester. 

A family of four, it just seems to good to be true! 
 photo Siggy_zpsd77506dc.png

6 comments:

  1. Chelsea!!! Yes I'm one of the people you could probably name who reads your blog hahhaa.... I'm so excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! I'm so excited for you!!! So so happy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh! How exciting! Congratulations! I love reading your posts and you guys are awesome parents. Your children are lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay okay, I'd be willing to have my baby 1/2 a week late, if you'll promise you'll have yours 1/2 a week early and they'll share a birthday! haha! Cant wait to meet the next little Thompson all-star!

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay okay, I'd be willing to have my baby 1/2 a week late, if you'll promise you'll have yours 1/2 a week early and they'll share a birthday! haha! Cant wait to meet the next little Thompson all-star!

    ReplyDelete