Porter and I went to the zoo today. That little guy turns ONE in two days. I can't believe it.
So. To celebrate his birthday, we have tried to do something fun every day this week. And tomorrow we get to see the Thompson Family and pick up my brother and sister at the airport. When my mom asked my little brother, Tanner, what he wanted to do for his summer break, he said, "I just want to go hang out with Chelsea and Porter in Utah." What 15 year old says that? And of course, my mom couldn't just send up my brother. Ashlyn had to join the party too. I plan on creating a hashtag like #dukesiblingsummer and creating a Chatbook of our two week summer together. Then, as a surprise, I will send each of them a Chatbook. I am SO excited!
Anways, back to the purpose of this post. The zoo! I will let the pictures speak for themselves.
We went to the zoo with our good buddy, Ty. I work with Kelli and our babies were born six weeks apart last year. It has been so fun raising our boys together!
Porter was a little nervous about the goat at first.
And by the end of it, you could not get him out of that pen. He LOVED it!
These baby goats were the perfect size for Porter. He just followed them around the pen. It was adorable.
Life is so much more fun, when you have a buddy to go exploring with.
I have no idea what this animal was. It was the mixture between a cheetah and cat. But porter loved watching it play with the ball. He wanted to join in, but Mom wouldn't let him.
Oh. Hey there, handsome.
Porter and I looking at the zebras!
And that's my kid. Playing with the skull of a giraffe.
We had the BEST time!
But by the end, we were so tired and hot. We drank a half gallon water jug in the matter of two hours!
I love his funny faces. Those lips!
Porter loved, loved, loved the zoo! I did not expect him to be so involved as he was. He loved pointing to the animals as they moved. And when I would say the animals name, he would try to repeat it. Like "camel" was "mel." His favorite word was, "WOW!" He said it the entire time. It was hilarious! His favorite animals are the camels and monkeys. He cried when we left the camels. And he kept laughing so hard as the monkeys went from tree to tree and jumped around. It was so funny! I love how involved he is getting. This is everything I dreamed for. I am so lucky I can claim this cute face.
No comments:
Post a Comment