Welp, the family came into town a couple of week ago. It was seriously a blast! Here is a quick iphone dump:
Porter kissing Baby E. He is such a genuine sweet boy.
Look at those chunky cheeks. I kiss those things at least 50 times a day. No exaggeration necessary.
I love these party people. There is NEVER a dull moment with the Thompson side.
You see why we wanted her to stick around for a couple of weeks?!
I don't know why I love this picture - but I do.
The whole fam damily. Well, not really. But I have always wanted to say that.
He is kinda the favorite around here.
Destined to not only be cousins, but BFFs!
Isn't this the cutest?
In my free time, I like to put my life in danger.
The most epic Battle Ball competition!
I get to kiss them all day long - I am the lucky one!
Feeding the ducks with Grandpa!

Trent and I have tried so hard these past semesters. Working, going to school, and raising a sweet babe is not the easiest thing. Trent's program is hard core. Engineers are definitely specialists in what they do. However, from the beginning our main priority has been Porter. When we are with Porter, we are with Porter. We play, read, sing, take him places and make sure all his needs and wants are met. As soon as I get home from work, I take care of Porter and Trent rushes to school to meet with professors, study, finish homework, etc. It really is difficult. And we are exhausted. Unfortunately, Trent is really struggling in one of his classes. Trent ALWAYS does well in school, but it takes extra effort. And because he is watching Porter during the day, it doesn't give him a lot of time to focus on his school work. So at the end of their trip, Rita volunteered to stay here for the next two weeks. After she leaves, my Mom will be here for another week and then the following week after finals we move {just a few apartments down, we are the new On-Site Managers}.
I may have cried my eyes out. I felt like I couldn't take care of my child on my own. I felt like after all the sacrifices we have made, after all our prayers, after all our efforts, it wasn't good enough. I felt like blessings we were promised were not granted. I felt inadequate as a wife and mother.
After a week and a half, I have since pushed aside those negative feelings. A few months ago my new favorite saying became,
I knew I had to start thinking positively.
So I am VERY grateful we have two wonderful mothers that are willing to leave their family for weeks to help us. It is so humbling. I know they love Porter as much as we do, and it is comforting to know he is in VERY compassionate and capable hands. Also, my husband is lovely. He has the right perspective about everything. We see the future together while enjoying the present. I need him. Also, I am a kick butt Mother. Alright maybe that is a little bit of an exaggeration. But I am doing the absolute BEST I can in our situation. And I just pray that He will make up the difference for my weaknesses.
Chels- I just love you. We really need to live closer to each other. We look up to your family a lot-it's not easy what you guys do. I admire how positive you are through it all. How sweet of Rita to come help you! We both lucked out with our mother-in-laws. Good luck with these last few weeks of the semester, and hooray to becoming the new on-site managers!
ReplyDelete