Welp. Big changes are happening in the Thompson home. Some of them have already started. Others are coming in the future. Last Saturday, I finished my second half marathon. It was the HARDEST thing I have done mentally, emotionally, and physically. I learned that your body does in fact change when you have a baby. Also, try not to go from 1 mile to 13 miles between January and March. And yes. I did that. Seriously, don't do it. Seriously, without Kayla I would have walked the last three miles FOR SURE. We had terrible, awful wind resistance for half the time. Seriously people, like 20 mph winds. It was insane. After mile 9, I was wanting to quit and just walk. But then I see Kayla still running in beast mode, so I stayed with her {well more like five steps behind her the entire time}.
Then, the Monday after my half-marathon, I decided to start Whole 30. Whole 30 is kind of like taking away all happiness in life. So that has been interesting. Honestly, I know this is going to be good for me. I need to live a healthier lifestyle. Something that I have learned about myself while training and now doing Whole 30 is that I AM disciplined. I do have self-control and I am in control of my body. That is an empowering thought. I honestly feel like I have no limitations.
Whole30 DOES suck all your happiness away until about day 10:) I only did 15 days...but I loved it. Proud of you and Kayla! Those races are not easy at all.
Whole30 DOES suck all your happiness away until about day 10:) I only did 15 days...but I loved it. Proud of you and Kayla! Those races are not easy at all.
ReplyDelete