Menu Nav

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Unplugged

How did this little guy {about six days old},


become this little guy {about 6 months old}.



Goodness, I love him.

On Thursday, I had the absolute pleasure of staying home with my baby.  I hold those days so sacred.  I l.o.v.e just being with him all day.  I decided to hide my phone so I would not be tempted to go on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest.  Out of the entire day we spent together, which was 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., I only spent an hour collectively on my phone and not with him. Unless of course, he was sleeping then I could use my phone freely.  I'll be honest.  It was hard.  I don't really like to admit that either. I am basically admitting my child is boring.  But he can't really talk, so I lose interest easily and end up wasting a lot of time being unproductive.  But that day, I would just refocus my energy again and read books, sing, and just interact with him.  While he played by himself {because that is important to learn too}, I would clean until he would become fussy and then I was right at his side.  So.  I have decided that when I am with my children, I am unplugged.  Of course I will still have my phone on loud and in the same vicinity.  However, I will not be surfing the web like I usually do when I am completely exhausted and tired from work.  Every day it takes a huge amount of dedication to this goal.  I have only been doing this Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.  And to be honest, Friday was a fail and Saturday I made a valiant effort but it wasn't that great either. Hopefully as time continues, it will become easier. Because it is pretty dang hard right now.     






 photo Siggy_zpsd77506dc.png

1 comment:

  1. Your better than I am! Sadly Crew sometimes has to pull my phone out of my hand to get my attention. Not good, but it's something I am always trying to work on!

    ReplyDelete