Menu Nav

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Stand By Your Man

Today, Trent was put in as the First Counselor in the Bishopric of our ward.  So naturally, I was the one freaking out.  Trent was pretty calm the entire time and I kept turning to him and giving him pep talks {which were really for me}, and reassuring him {which was really for me}.  I don't know why I was so nervous.  I mean, it's Trent Thompson.  Honestly, I have always thought that he would do great things in the church.  In my eyes, he is pretty darn close to perfect{and I tell him those  exact words all the time - so I am not just writing that to be nice}.  He is WAAAYYY better with Porter than I am.  He has twice the amount of patience and knows how to get down to his level.  Porter may have said, "Mama" first.  But he understood the words "Dada" first.  Trent also has the perfect amount of humor and spirituality.  He can have you laughing in one minute, and the next have you filled with immeasurable amounts of the spirit.  But here is the best part, he takes my council {most of the time - we are talking like 75%}. On matters such as ammunition, when to to go shooting, types of guns, and those matters -- I have little say.  But on matters of school, family, future, callings, church, media, and the stuff that really matters,  he truly does listen to my council.  That doesn't mean he will always follow my council, but I have always felt listened to and taken seriously.  
Anyways, I know this calling isn't that big of a deal. Positions and Possessions do NOT determine your worth with Heavenly Father.  But I am grateful for a man who was ready and worthy to serve.  He is a man who God can count on and that Porter and I can count on.  You're going to do great things, Trent.  I love you. 





 photo Siggy_zpsd77506dc.png

1 comment:

  1. This is so GREAT! Excited for you both. Such a good way to really get to know the members in your ward. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete