I wanted to jot down parts of Porter's baby blessing before I forget. I intended to record it and type it word for word, but I don't even know if that is allowed! So I just listened super intently and am writing the points I remember. Everything in {} is your mothers extra input. Because you know me, I ALWAYS have to something to say. And I am your mother so I have the right to say it.
- Porter, your parents love you. {That doesn't even begin to describe how much we love, adore, and cherish you Porter!}
- You will be a leader. And sometimes leaders have to stand alone. It can be a lonely road, but know that is more important to stand alone and do the right thing than follow in sin. {But Porter, even if you do feel like you are alone, remember that God is ALWAYS with you. And that your father and I will ALWAYS love you. Do what is right, son.}
- You will serve a mission. And you will serve it faithfully and well. {A mission is not an easy sacrifice. But it is one of the most defining moments in your life. You MUST be worthy and prepared to serve a mission, Porter.}
- You will marry a worthy, beautiful daughter of God inside the temple. {And you will treat her with respect. She will be your teammate, your equal.}
- Be patient with your parents. They are trying their best. {Porter, we are not perfect. We get angry. We get selfish. We get prideful. And everyday we are working on it. So please be patient as we learn.}
- Look to the men in the circle as an example. {As well as that man outside the circle. Your Grandpa Vesey came down from California to be meet you and I and be there for your blessing day. Now, he isn't a member of the church, but he understood this blessing was important to us and so it was important to him. He is a witty, kind, and a hard working man. And I hope you grow up to know him because you could really learn so many wonderful things from him. He served this country, he serves his family, and he serves God in his own religion. What a wonderful legacy. But your father is right. The men inside the circle were worthy Priesthood holders who are excellent examples and you should learn from them also.
I believe that was the majority of your blessing, Porter. There were SO many people there that day. People came from California and all over Arizona to meet you. I shed a few tears during your blessing and it was at that moment when I really enjoyed motherhood. It was a turning moment in me because I felt that you and I were not alone in this endeavor. We would both have Heavenly Father's aid. And we need it.
Grandpa Thompson meeting you for the first time. Instant love.
Daddy's wonderful family all gathering around looking at you and pictures of you.
Momma at work getting the food ready.
Momma loving the little guy who makes everything worth it.
This is Grandpa and Grandma (Linda) Vesey. They came all the way from California to meet you!
Probably my favorite picture from the night. This is a fourth generation picture. Leland Kenneth, Leland Kent, Leland Trent, and Leland Porter.
No comments:
Post a Comment