Alright. Alright. So to all of those who read my post last week. I have a cute little story before I get to what the title is really about. So we haven't had fast food since we have been married. I've been cooking like crazy! Impressed? You should be. So last Wednesday we decided we were going to order pizza, watch psych, and eat it in bed. Perfect right? Well the food gets here and we get all situated and Trent says...
"Chelsea, if we bring drinks by our bed. Can you keep your hands to yourself?"
"Babe. Seriously? I'm not 3. I can drink water in my bed."
"Alright. Just checking."
Welp. About 20 min later. I was reaching over to grab my phone on the nightstand and... like a bad deja vu... water went all over my side of the bed. My pillow and comforter and sheets were soaked with water. So. For the next 10 min. I sat there with my blow dryer and dried my side of the bed. The next day, Trent came home with a pack of 24 water bottles. Upgrade! :)
Let me start with a confession. I don't know how to cook. I literally call my Mom up everyday getting a new recipe and then I call her every 5 minutes while I am preparing it to make sure that I am doing everything right. I feel like boys have this bad misconception that every Mormon girl knows how to cook? WELP. not this one. Which is why I must have been really really REALLY feeling the spirit when I signed up to feed the missionaries. Because newlywed + no idea how to cook + small studio apartment = disaster. But I was determined to make this the best meal they ever had. I was convinced they would be writing home to their families telling them how wonderful of a meal they had at the Thompsons. You would think I was trying to win an Academy Award?! I was preparing rolls, with a delicious salad, vegetables, mashed potatoes with a chicken topping and then spice pumpkin bars for dessert! I was working on it from Noon that day and they were coming at 5:30.
Well... this is what really happened. I realized I forgot to buy potatoes until 10 min before they came. So Trent ran to the store. Then, to my horror, I ended up with an orange chicken topping that looked like throw up. And just so you know the topping is suppose to be white... not orange. And I was so flustered about the gravy I read the mashed potato directions wrong and added 3 cups of milk instead of 1... so we ended up with mashed potato soup. And seconds after the potato fiasco the sister missionaries knocked on the door. So what do you do in a situation like this? Well my dear friends, you go to In and Out and you buy yourself a nice shake and drink your sorrows away :) And then you stuff your face with fries until your forget about that sick orange topping. But in the end. It does work out. And who doesn't like In and Out right? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment