Menu Nav

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Meet The Thompsons :)

Alright. Alright. So Trent and I were married on Sept. 17, 2011. We have been married for two weeks! AH! :) its been grand. If you want to hear the dating/engagement story its on my other blog. or... well... it will be soon! Its probably going to take about twenty posts and so I am going to give the story little by little :) But THIS blog is for our married life together! All the ups and down (hopefully it will be mostly ups) and all our corky little habits! So although its only been two weeks... I already have A LOT to share :) SO lets get started.

So me and Trent moved into our apartment about two weeks ago! We have had it since the beginning of Sept. but we weren't married so we couldn't live in it yet. Go figure :) SO. we move in and picture this. You walk in. And to the left is the bed. Straight ahead is the kitchen and the size of our apartment is probably the size of your living room. yes. its true. We are in a studio apartment. But honestly. We don't need anything bigger. We are just so happy to call it "ours" that size doesn't matter. We can eat. sleep. and shower. What else do you need?!

So.... the first night I was up until 1 o'clock in the morning putting our apartment together. We brought all or clothes and the gifts in and our house looked TRASHED. And I just couldn't sleep knowing that I was going to wake up to a mess the next morning. So. we got it all situated and nice and everything was put away and had a place. It looked good. I'll be honest. We had pictures in places and little banner that said "Thompsons" hanging. It was all darling.

Well. This is where it gets real sad. Its Day 4 in our apartment and its about 3 o'clock in the morning and my dear sweet husband comes up to me and gently tries to wake me up.... here is how our conversation goes.

"Hey. uh.... honey?"
"What."
"Um... our apartment is flooding. There is water coming out of the ceiling and through the walls and there is water everywhere."
Long Pause... "Honey? Did you here me?"
"Yeah... Welp. There is nothing we can do now. Just go back to sleep and we'll deal with it in the morning."
"What!? But what about the flood?"
"Don't worry. The water will still be there tomorrow."
He just laughed.

I was serious though. Not even a flood was going to disrupt my sleep. So my poor hubby went back and grabbed more towels and was frantically dialing the emergency apartment hotline for help. I felt bad for him. So about 20 minutes later I got up and was wiping the floors and grabbing bowls so the water from the ceiling would hit the bowls instead of the floor. Finally a guy came knocking at 4 o'clock in the morning and more came around 6 and fixed it. I never did get to go back to sleep.

Well to say the least. There was mold. And it smelled. And it made me sick. So we had to switch apartments. So i had to take everything down that I had put up and carry EVERYTHING to the new apartment. This was no easy task my friends. I probably got my exercise done for the rest of the year. Anywayyyy... so. We move into our new apartment and you'll never guess! The AC was broken. So it was 90 degrees in our house. So they said well... "you can either sleep in the apartment with the mold and sleep in the apartment with the broken AC." We chose the mold.

I know this sounds like a sad story. But honestly. We never got mad. We just made jokes and we were laughing the whole time. While we cleaning up the water. When the AC broke. Its like nothing in the world could destroy us! :) As it should be. Today we did a walk for children with Autism. It was a very sweet experience. We just love doing everything together! Basically. The Thompson family is doing great. We are loving life and we love each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment