Menu Nav

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Trenty

I love seeing social media "shout outs" to husbands. When we were first married and I would read this sweet comments I would think, "Well. They're not married to Trent and he really, truly is the best husband. There is no man better than him."

And I still believe that. 

But I've learned that Trent isn't the only wonderful man out there. But he is pretty wonderful. Don't get me wrong.  We still have our "discussions." {I WILL NOT APOLOGIZE FOR TAKING AN HOUR AND A HALF TO GET READY FOR CHURCH -- DEAL} but I'm grateful for the marriage we share.  And that we don't take ourselves too seriously.

I love that he doesn't dwell on the little things, which I turn into the big things, which he then reminds are really just little things.  I love that he supports me in all my endeavors {especially my business endeavors right now}, and I love how flawless and simple he makes the gospel seem.  It's really hard to describe. But Trent sees the gospel so clearly, and can talk about it so eloquently. I knew he had that gift. But that gift has really developed since this 90 Day Mission and his calling as Ward Mission Leader.  This is a new capacity for him {and for me}, but gosh dang -- he is good! 

And of course, he is so nonchalant about it all. It has been so fun to "grow up" with him.  I see him changing in all the right ways and I am too, or at least I'm trying too.  I love that logical mind {most of the time}, and I am so, so very grateful that we have been able to spend the past five years together. 

Trenty,  I hope our boys know how much their Mom loves their Dad. Thanks for waking up before the sun to go to work. For still helping with the kids when you have worked twelve hour days. For trying to "gently" tell me when there is a problem. Or trying to phrase it "just right" so I won't get mad. You still haven't mastered it. But hey, thanks for trying.  You are Porter's hero. And in this context I don't take the word "hero" lightly.  You are everything to him. I am pretty sure if I fell off the face of the Earth, he would just go over to Grandma's house and be over it. But when you are gone, he is not whole until you come back. Together we are creating a world, Brooks and Porter's world, and there is no one I would rather do this journey with. Happy Five Years!



 photo Siggy_zpsd77506dc.png

1 comment:

  1. You really do have a good one! You guys are one of those special circumstances where you BOTH married up.
    Go listen to "Home" by Blue October...you're welcome. I heard it this week and LOVED the message, it reminds me of this post. You're so right, nothings more important than for our kids to see us loving our spouse.
    Love you
    Love Trent
    The end

    ReplyDelete